Permaculture Dream Job Opportunity:
Garden Manager for the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity!
Position Title: Live in Garden Manager
Description: Full time live-in gardener to oversee and implement the daily activities of the Community Garden; Minimum One-Year committment
Is your dream to be a skilled permaculturist and experienced gardener? Do you enjoy teaching permaculture and related subjects? Well, this Garden Manager position just might be the perfect role for you!
The Garden Manager will be the person in charge of maintaining the annual and perennial garden systems at the Convent of the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity in Dallas, Texas. This will involve lots of planting, garden planning, harvesting, weeding, mulching, making compost, and leading groups of volunteers and interns in garden work. One of the other main duties of the garden manager will be to assist in the teaching and running of courses at the Convent, which will occur on a regular basis here.The main remuneration for this position will not be financial, but rather the experience of a lifetime – living in and helping manage a successful permaculture community and education center. Although we expect applicants to come with existing permaculture skills and qualifications, you will also pick up a ton of new skills and knowledge while here. The position includes room and a share of the garden harvest on-site within the community. The garden manager will have their own private building residence to live in with electricity and running water.
Qualifications and Experience
▪ English proficiency
▪ Demonstrated experience working in permaculture and/or organic agricultural systems
▪ Gardening experience and knowledge, preferably 2+ years
▪ Leadership skills
▪ Organized and proactive personality
▪ Mentally, physically, and spiritually well-balanced without substance abuse or mental health problems
▪ Ability to lift up to 40+ lbs
▪ Background check and three references required
▪ Commitment to the values and ethics of permaculture
▪ Driver’s license or ability to drive
▪ Spanish language skills
▪ University graduate with relevant degree (horticulture, agroecology, environmental science, etc.)
▪ Market garden experience
▪ Demonstrated teaching and/or environmental education experience
▪ Demonstrated Integrated Pest Management experience
▪ Demonstrated experience managing crews of workers/volunteers
▪ Other relevant specialized skills
How to apply:
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
▪ The deadline for applications is January 15th although late applications may be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
▪ See more information about our organization at: