Farmer Starter is an immersive farmer training program on a working, certified organic vegetable farm outside Austin. The 18 week course is designed to provide aspiring farmers with the essential the skills and experience needed to manage a sustainable farming business.
Through a blend of hands on in-field training and formal classroom education students learn:
• Organic and sustainable growing methods
• Soil and fertility management
• Organic pest and disease control methods
• Greenhouse management and propagation
• Holistic farm planning & crop planning
• CSA distribution and management
• Equipment use & maintenance
• Business planning
Now accepting applications for Spring 2018!
January 23rd - May 24th
Find Course Details and Application
Limited scholarship and work/study opportunities available
Deadline to Apply : December 15th
E-mail email@example.com for more info